Explore high-demand energy careers responsible for power delivery.
Looking for a rewarding career where what you do really makes a difference? In the Transmission Control Center, our mission is providing Georgia citizens safe and reliable power system operations 24/7/365, being always prepared to respond for system events, natural disasters, or manmade threats.
Power System Coordinators (PSCs) are also referred to as Area Desk Operators (ADOs). In this role, you will monitor and control the transmission system, respond to alarms, and restore service quickly for storms and other events. PSCs also lead clearance switching to enable safe and efficient construction and maintenance activities. To qualify, PSC candidates receive extensive power system training to achieve shift readiness and must pass national NERC Transmission Operator certification.
If you are up for a challenge, committed to lifelong learning, and passionate about serving our communities, we will help you build a career in System Operations. Join us in serving Georgia!
- High School degree required. A college/technical degree and/or previous power experience are beneficial due to the technical requirements of the role.
- Be drug free
- Pass pre-employment testing
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team oriented. Customer focused.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making under time pressure. Self-directed.
- Ability to learn and apply complex Power System training
- Ability to perform calmly during high volumes and system emergencies
- Enjoys developing others
- 24x7 rotating shifts in a control center environment
- Pass Edison Electric Institute (EEI) System Operator/Power Dispatcher (SOPD) II
- Pass Southern Company Insider Threat Program
- $65,000 - $115,000 plus bonus