High School Students - Summer Internships
High school graduates are eligible to apply for an eight-week summer internship to experience what it's like to work at Georgia Power as an Apprentice Lineworker. This is a paid internship at $15.00/hour starting in June of each year. As an intern, you will develop a general knowledge of power lines construction standards, work with crews daily doing basic work activities, and use basic hand tools.
The 2024 summer internship application will open in January 2024.
Requirements include (view job description for additional details):
- Must be 18 years of age or older. If less than 18 years old a consent form must be signed by a legal guardian or parent.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Ability to read, understand, and follow safety procedures, rules, and regulations
- Ability to perform physically demanding activities while working outside in all conditions
- Must be drug free and pass pre-employment screenings (drug testing, criminal background check, and physical)
For skilled trades positions, internships offer flexibility for high-school students to develop practical skills and apply on-the-job experience. Talk with your CTAE or College & Career Academy coordinator for more information on work-based learning opportunities. Successful interns can earn scholarships to complete required training at a TCSG campus and earn their Electrical Lineworker Apprentice Certification (ELAC). Fulltime employment opportunities may be available for students earning the ELAC.