High School Students - Summer Internships
High school graduates are eligible to apply for an eight-week summer internship to experience what it's like to work at Georgia Power as an Apprentice Lineworker. Starting pay is $15.00 per hour with the opportunity for future employment opportunities if the candidate is successful and positions are available. As an intern, you will develop a general knowledge of power lines construction standards, work with crews daily doing basic work activities, and use basic hand tools.
We are now accepting applications for 2024 summer interns. Apply here.
View job description for additional details.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Individuals also must always demonstrate the ability and desire to work safely and display ethical behavior
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more
- Must be at least 18 years of age or turning 18 by September 1, 2024
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Available to work Monday – Friday 7:00AM – 3:00 PM
Practice test: Logon to the EEI Test Prep website with the username and password below to access study materials for the CAST test.
For skilled trades positions, internships offer flexibility for high-school students to develop practical skills and apply on-the-job experience. Talk with your CTAE or College & Career Academy coordinator for more information on work-based learning opportunities. Successful interns can earn scholarships to complete required training at a TCSG campus and earn their Electrical Lineworker Apprentice Certification (ELAC). Fulltime employment opportunities may be available for students earning the ELAC.