Get started with these pre-employment practice tests and study guides
Georgia Power uses pre-employment testing to assess your skills. This helps us know more about your abilities – and helps you find the job that’s right for you! You can take practice tests on the Edison Electric Institute (EEI) website.
- CAST (Construction and Skilled Trade Test) - Measures math problem-solving, comprehension of mechanical concepts, and reading comprehension
- POSS (Plant Operator Selection System) and MASS (Maintenance Positions Selection System) tests - Measures the reasoning abilities found to be important for successful job performance of plant operators and maintenance technicians
- MASS (Power Plant Maintenance) – tests your ability to assemble objects as well as mechanical concepts, reading comprehension and mathematical usage
- SO/PD II (System Operator/Power Dispatching II) – measures analytic thinking skills, mathematical usage and reading comprehension
- TECH (Technician Occupations) – assesses your graphic problem solving capabilities and ability to interpret diagrams, understand mechanical concepts and reason from rules
There is no cost to take these practice tests but a login is required.
User Name: southern
Study guides for the SKAT Electrical, SKAT Mechanical and SKAT Meter are on Southern Company's Hiring Process page under the FAQ section Selection Testing: “How does the employment testing process work?” dropdown.
If you have any questions, contact us and we’ll be glad to help you understand more about this testing.