Transform your future by joining the power delivery team.
Electrical substations are the connection between parts of the distribution grid and transmission systems. These facilities use transformers to step down the voltage in the transmission lines to one that is suitable for the distribution grid and are equipped with circuit breakers to protect the distribution system. The Apprentice Substation Electrician is a training position to develop the knowledge and skills a Journeyman Electrician will need to maintain system substation facilities.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be drug free
- Maintain <300 lbs. weight
- Pass pre-employment testing including CAST (Construction and Skilled Trade Test) and a physical abilities assessment.
- Basic understanding of AC & DC electrical theory; understanding of wiring diagrams and control schematics
- Relevant, work-related experience with basic transformer theory, single-phase, and three phase motors preferred
- An understanding of both mechanical and electrical maintenance techniques is a plus. A two-year technical degree in Electronics, Electricity, Electronic Technology, Industrial Maintenance, Electrical Construction & Maintenance, Electrical/Mechanical highly desired.
- Apprentice Substation Electrician | $59,000