Energize Your Career.
Georgia Power’s sister company Southern Nuclear is the nation’s leader in nuclear energy, operating nuclear energy facilities at the highest levels of safety and reliability, creating carbon-free electricity for millions of homes and businesses.
Nuclear Technicians, Mechanics and Electricians are some of the most important members of the Southern Nuclear team who use their skills in preventive and corrective measures to ensure structures, systems and components in the plants are able to perform at peak production 24 hours a day, every day of the year. Start here and grow your career.
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver's license
- Be drug free
- Pass pre-employment testing
- Strong problem-solving and math skills
- Ability to understand written and verbal directions
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work with various tools
- Comfortable working in noisy, hot environments
- Two-year technical degree, or three years of experience as an apprentice in an industrial setting or previous nuclear industry experience, or Military experiences, US Navy preferred
- Pass pre-employment testing including the EEI MASS Test - Assesses your mechanical aptitude, spatial aptitude, mathematical ability and reading comprehension and a physical abilities assessment.
- Nuclear Power Plant Technician | $45,000 to $65,000 annually (plus overtime)