Take a deep dive into energy jobs that build power transmission networks.
This department provides construction & maintenance services for the Network Underground Electrical Systems located in Metro Atlanta, Augusta, Savannah, Macon, Columbus, Athens, Valdosta and other spot Network Systems throughout Georgia. The network is accessed through manholes, vaults and tunnels. Employees provide a highly reliable electric service to customers in high-rise buildings, hospitals, government agencies and business complexes.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Have a CDL permit
- Obtain a commercial driver’s license
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be drug free
- Maintain <270 lbs. weight
- Pass pre-employment testing including CAST (Construction and Skilled Trade Test) and POET (Post-Offer Employment Test), a physical abilities assessment.
- Have a basic mechanical and electrical aptitude or background
- Work experience in construction, heavy industrial maintenance, military a plus
- Apprentice Cable Splicer | $63,000
The Cable Splicer Development Program (CSDP) is an extensive training program combining skills training, classroom training, and on-the-job training. The successful completion of the four-year CSDP program is required to become a Journeyman Cable Splicer.