Explore high-demand energy careers responsible for power delivery.
Lineworkers are involved in the construction of overhead and underground power distribution systems. Learn construction and maintenance activities associated with power distribution systems and work with equipment involved in the process, including line trucks, cranes, aerial devices, pulling and tensioning equipment.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Have a CDL permit
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Maintain <270 lbs. weight
- Be drug free
- Electrical Lineworker Apprentice Certification (ELAC) through a technical college is highly desirable
- Pass pre-employment testing including CAST (Construction and Skilled Trade Test) and a physical abilities assessment.
- Electrical Lineworker Apprentice | $45,000
- Journeyman Lineworker | $84,000
- Crew Leader | $90,000