Explore high-demand energy careers responsible for power delivery.
Are you a highly motivated, self-starter with mechanical and electrical knowledge? Consider the General Plant Operator career at Georgia Power. Responsibilities include operating, monitoring, troubleshooting, and repairing the electrical and mechanical equipment utilized in operating a combined cycle power plant. This position helps maintain plant equipment in optimum operational condition and documents maintenance records in a computer-based work order system. The General Plant Operator works with gas and steam turbines, generators, electrical breakers and switches, and other devices.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Be drug free
- Pass pre-employment testing (GPO qualification test)
- Basic computer skills
- Communication, problem-solving and team skills
- Previous Power Plant experience preferred
- Combined Cycle Power Plant operations experience preferred
- Experience in industrial electrical/mechanical/I&C or certified training desired
- General Plant Operator | Up to $100,000