Learn how you can play a role in delivering power to cities throughout Georgia.
The Auxiliary Equipment Operator (AEO) position is an entry-level position in the Power Plant Operations department responsible for continuous inspection, monitoring, and troubleshooting of industrial-type plant equipment to ensure reliable and efficient operation.
Do you like to use hand tools and take measurements, use your math skills for calculations, read graphs and diagrams? If so, this power plant position is a great place to start your career with Georgia Power Company.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Have a CDL permit
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be drug free
- Pass pre-employment testing including POSS (Plant Maintenance Positions Selection System), MASS (Plant Maintenance Positions Selection System), and a physical abilities assessment
- Previous work experience in a power plant, or in manufacturing, industrial, commercial, warehousing, construction or other safety-related setting preferred but not required
- Auxiliary Equipment Operator | $70,000
- Advancement opportunities include Coal Operator, Nuclear Technician and other important Power Plant jobs.