Careers in Energy Week is October 17-21, 2022!
Students & Educators will be Connecting 2 Energy during events across Georgia
As part of Careers in Energy (CIE) Week, Georgia Power is excited to launch a statewide, project-based learning (PBL) challenge for high school students. We challenge you to discover and develop innovative ways to make your school more sustainable and energy efficient. We hope this Challenge will help you explore the STEM careers and the world of energy while using problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teams will submit video entries and compete for a $1,000 top prize. We've extended the deadline... Register for the Challenge today!
During Careers in Energy Week...
- You'll hear from our Chairman, President & CEO Chris Womack on the importance of energy careers.
- Student-based community organizations will come together to meet Georgia Power’s Network team and visit the network underground infrastructure of Midtown Atlanta.
- School counselors will learn about career opportunities and the employability skills needed to be successful in an emerging workforce during a full day hosted at Georgia Power headquarters.
- Students in the central Georgia area will participate in a Career Expo sponsored by GEICC (Georgia Energy and Industrial Construction Consortium). During the Expo at Central Georgia Technical College in Macon, Georgia, students will explore competitive paying jobs while engaging with energy professionals to learn more about career opportunities.
- Students from Atlanta and Savannah will have the opportunity to interact with industry professionals and experience hands-on learning stations during Klondike Career Days.
For more information, contact Nikia M. Johnson at email@example.com.