Congratulations to our Sustainability Challenge Winners!
As part of Careers in Energy (CIE) Week, Georgia Power launched a statewide, project-based learning (PBL) challenge for high school students. We challenged teams to discover and develop innovative ways to make your school more sustainable and energy efficient.
Team: Spartabots (click link to watch video)
North Springs High School, Fulton County
Team: Energy Consulting Offices of Elliot, Johnson and Bennefield (click link to watch video)
Wiregrass Regional College and Career Academy, Coffee County
During Careers in Energy Week...
- You'll hear from our Chairman, President & CEO Chris Womack on the importance of energy careers.
- Student-based community organizations will come together to meet Georgia Power’s Network team and visit the network underground infrastructure of Midtown Atlanta.
- School counselors will learn about career opportunities and the employability skills needed to be successful in an emerging workforce during a full day hosted at Georgia Power headquarters.
- Students in the central Georgia area will participate in a Career Expo sponsored by GEICC (Georgia Energy and Industrial Construction Consortium). During the Expo at Central Georgia Technical College in Macon, Georgia, students will explore competitive paying jobs while engaging with energy professionals to learn more about career opportunities.
- Students from Metro Atlanta and Coastal Georgia will have the opportunity to interact with industry professionals and experience hands-on learning stations during Klondike Career Days.
For more information, contact Nikia M. Johnson at email@example.com.